Where are you on the digital journey?
Digital Transformation Model - Phase 1
Eliminating paper is the focus of Phase 1 of the Laserfiche Digital Transformation Model.
Moving from Paper to Digital Information
Your organization is in Phase 1 of the Digital Transformation Model if you continue to struggle with
paper documents. Paper documents are scattered, disorganized, not properly secured, and difficult to find.
You will probably be dealing with the following pain points:
Phase 1 Pain Points
- You are running out of space for paper storage, and storage costs are becoming untenable as filing cabinets proliferate
- Digital files are scattered across hard drives and difficult to locate
- Information is duplicated or redundant
- You risk data loss due to damage of physical documents (from fire, flood or simply decay over time), and information is not secure
for a variety of reasons (it is physically threatened, duplicated or shared)
As an organization, you need to gain control of the chaos in your file room. If you’ve already solved these problems, you can move to Phase 2: Organize.
Laying the Foundation for Transformation: Phase 1 in Action
In addition to shipping and storage savings, digital backup files are now available in case of natural disaster. Electronic storage
also made information much easier to find for day- to-day needs.
Once you have tackled Phase 1, your organization will realize the following benefits:
Phase 1 Benefits
- More efficient and cost- effective storage of documents
- Digital files have been gathered from disparate hard drives or personal cloud solutions into one central repository
- Information is no longer duplicated; team members can effectively collaborate on documents
- Mitigated risk of data loss and secure, restricted access to information