Where are you on the digital journey?
Digital Transformation Model - Phase 3
You may be relying on inefficient, unstandardized manual processes that waste time and resources. In this phase, you will automate
manual processes and tasks to increase efficiency, standardize your processes, and reduce the risk of regulatory non-compliance.
If you are in Phase 3 of your journey, even though you have digitized your documents, you are still experiencing the following side effects of manual processes:
Phase 3 Pain Points
- Information still originates on paper before being scanned into your digital repository
- Processes are not standardized, which increases risk of error and makes it difficult to train new staff
- Tracking of tasks and processes occurs in emails and spreadsheets behind the scenes, leading to a lack of transparency
- Business leaders lack ability to manage and audit information access
If any of these issues describe your organization, you are ready for Phase 3 of your journey. If you have already solved these problems, you can move to Phase 4: Streamline.
Moving towards Consistency and Clarity: Phase 3 in Action
At the conclusion of Phase 3, you will see the following benefits:
Phase 3 Benefits
- A digital- first mentality greatly reduces wasted time and resources
- Repetitive processes are defined and standardized, increasing accuracy and facilitating easier training for new staff
- Automated processes are transparent, leading to increased accountability for the way information is handled
- Reports and audit tools mitigate risk of noncompliance